Regional Conferences and Workshops
February 28-March 1, 2015: Campus Workshop at Frostburg State University (Frostburg, MD).
May 11-12, 2015: Campus Workshop at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH).
If you're interested in hosting a campus workshop or regional conference, please contact Jennifer Worth at email@example.com, or 212-851-2112.
Annual Faculty Institute
June 11-14, 2015: Please save the date for the Fifteenth Annual Faculty Institute at Barnard College in New York City! We look forward to seeing you at our largest yearly event, where faculty and administrators gather from around the country to learn about "Reacting to the Past." Institute offerings include intensive workshops on twelve different games, as well as plenary and concurrent sessions that explore issues related to teaching and learning, faculty development, and the future of higher education more generally.
- Challenging the USDA Food Pyramid
- Charles Darwin, the Copley Medal and the Rise of Naturalism, 1861-64
- The Collapse of Apartheid and the Dawn of Democracy in South Africa, 1993
- Constantine and the Council of Nicaea
- Frederick Douglass, Slavery, Abolitionism, and the Constitution: 1845
- Greenwich Village, 1913: Suffrage, Labor and the New Woman
- Mexico in Revolution, 1911-1920
- Rousseau, Burke, and Revolution in France, 1791
- The Threshold of Democracy: Athens in 403 B.C.
- Patriots, Loyalists, and Revolution in New York City, 1775-76
- The Second Crusade: The War Council of Acre, 1148
- Title IX and the American University
The basic schedule for this year is being completed and will be posted shortly. For a sample program, please visit the 2014 institute page.
RTTP Game Development Conference
July 15-18, 2015: Faculty interested in game design are encouraged to participate in the annual Game Development Conference (GDC), hosted by the University of Georgia. July 15 is set aside for one-day/one-game play for those new to Reacting to the Past or new to a particular game, and July 16-18 will encompass the GDC itself. More information will be posted in the coming weeks and months.
- The Call for Proposals for the GDC is now open. Deadline for submission is February 6, 2015.
Right Column Copy
February 13 | Las Cruces, NM
"Minds on Fire" in Chicago, 1968, at New Mexico State University's Teaching Academy
February 19 | St. Louis, MO
"Learning by Being Somone Else: Using Reacting to the Past to Provide Experiential Learning of Philosophy" at the American Philosophical Association Central Division Meeting
March 21 | Washington, DC
"Reacting to the Past: An Immersive Role-Playing Pedagogy for Environmental History" at the American Society for Enviromental History Annual Conference
April 18, 2015 | St. Louis, MO
Reliving History in the Classroom / Reacting to the Past Workshop: "Trial of Anne Hutchinson: Liberty, Law and Intolerance in Puritan New England" at OAH Annual Meeting