More events are being scheduled right now! If you're interested in hosting a campus workshop or regional conference during the 2016-17 academic year, please contact Jennifer Worth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-851-2112.
Scheduled events for 2016-17
August 16-17, 2016: Campus Workshop at Amarillo College (Amarillo, TX)
- Game offered: Patriots, Loyalists and Revolution in New York City, 1775-76
January 12-15, 2016: Winter Conference at University of Georgia (Athens, GA)
- Games offered: Defining a Nation: India on the Eve of Independence, 1945; Greenwich Village, 1913: Suffrage, Labor, and the New Woman; Modernism vs. Traditionalism: Art in Paris, 1888-89; Patriots, Loyalists and Revolution in New York City, 1775-76; and The Threshold of Democracy: Athens in 403 B.C.E.
March, 31-April 1, 2017: Campus Workshop at Ashland University (Ashland, OH)
- Game offered: Greenwich Village, 1913: Suffrage, Labor, and the "New Woman"
June 8-11, 2017: Seventeenth Annual Faculty Institute
- Our largest yearly event gathers faculty and administrators from around the country to learn about "Reacting to the Past," offering intensive workshops on twelve different games, as well as plenary and concurrent sessions that explore issues related to teaching and learning, faculty development, and the future of higher education more generally. This year we were pleased to welcome Dr. José Antonio Bowen, President of Goucher College and author of Teaching Naked (Jossey-Bass, 2012), as our Keynote Speaker.
July 12-15, 2017: Sixth Annual Game Development Conference
- Faculty interested in game design were encouraged to participate in the annual Game Development Conference (GDC), hosted by the Newman University in Wichita, KS. Wednesday, July 12 will set aside for one-day/one-game play for those new to Reacting to the Past or new to a particular game, and July 13-15 will encompass the GDC itself.
Right Column Copy
Reacting Main Menu
- NEW: Reacting Consortium and The Endeavor Foundation Announce High Impact Challenge Grants
- About Us
- Conferences & Events
- Instructor Resources
- News and Publications
- Streaming Video
- Contact Us