The Planning Committee for the Reacting to the Past Game Development Conference is calling for nominations to help fill open positions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing proposals for workshop and playtest sessions, helping to organize events and program for the conference, and planning future conferences. Members are expected to attend the GDC (held each year in mid-July), as well as to participate in occasional meetings by phone.
Each Board member serves a three-year term with possibility of one renewal.
To apply for membership on the committee we ask for the following:
- A 1-2 page letter describing your credentials. In particular, please include:
- How many GDCs have you attended. Have you presented or playtested a game or idea?
- Your experience with RTTP either in use or in design.
- Any game design experience beyond RTTP.
- What you can bring to the board. This might be personal experiences or might relate to the type of institution you come from.
- Why you would like to serve on the board
- A brief 1-2 page CV
The Committee looks for GDC and design experience in applicants, but neither is an absolute requirement for membership.
Questions and applications/nominations may be directed to Kelly McFall (email@example.com). Applications are due by October 15 2017