About the Board
The mission of the Reacting Consortium is to promote imagination, inquiry, and engagement as foundational features of teaching and student learning in higher education through the development and dissemination of Reacting to the Past role playing games.
The Board of the Reacting Consortium is made up of experienced faculty and administrators, and two student alumni members. Together, they determine matters of policy and make recommendations on the annual budget, game development and publication, communications, external funding, and strategic planning.
The Reacting Consortium develops Reacting to the Past (RTTP) role playing games to inform and transform student learning in American higher education. These games effectively support the achievement of critical thinking, historical and intercultural knowledge, empathy, leadership, integrative learning, effective communication skills, and intellectual curiosity among students. They promote innovative teaching by faculty and administrators of higher education.
The Consortium develops Reacting to the Past (RTTP) games for publication through a partnership with an established publisher. It provides faculty with opportunities to learn the highly interactive RTTP pedagogy and to join a community of practice in the support of undergraduate teaching and learning. It provides institutions with effective programs of faculty development and with tools for innovation in curriculum design to encourage advanced accomplishment across both disciplinary and interdisciplinary programs.
REACTING CONSORTIUM BOARD
- Ben Alpers, University of Oklahoma (2019-2022)
- Scout Blum, Troy University (2019-2022)
- Tony Crider, Elon University (Chair, 2018-2021)
- Ethan Frederick (Alumni Member, 2019-2021)
- Gretchen Galbraith, SUNY - Potsdam (Vice Chair, 2018-2021)
- Dorothea Herreiner, Loyola Marymount University (2018-2021)
- Joseph Hogan (Alumni Member, 2018-2020)
- Jennifer Jung-Kim, University of California - Los Angeles (2018-2021)
- Paula Lazrus - St. John's University (2019-2022)
- John Lucaites - Indiana University - Bloomington (2017-2020)
- Kelly McFall - Newman University (2017-2020)
- John Carter McKnight - Harrisburg University of Science & Technology (2018-2021)
- Verdis Robinson - Campus Compact (2018-2021)
- Judith Shapiro - The Teagle Foundation (emerita) (2018-2021)
- Mary Jane Treacy - Simmons College (emerita) (2019-2022)
- Beth Wightman - California State University - Northridge (2019-2022)
Membership & Outreach Committee
Governance & Nominations Committee
Reacting Editorial Board**
We will be seeking applications in Winter and Spring. The deadline for nominations is March 15. Check back closer to the deadline for more information.